How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I realize that this is not a Real Estate question, so I’m

Customer Question

I realize that this is not a Real Estate question, so I’m not sure if you can help me. We have a lake in our HOA and there is what is called an “outlet valve” used to lower the lake. We have discovered a leak in the valve and have a member of our HOA who has the experience of repairing thousands of valves as an occupation. His license was in new jersey and we are in Pennsylvania.
My question is, can we have him repair our valve and insure him from an accident?
The PA Division of Dam Safety sent me an email and said the they considered this to be routine maintenance. Thanks
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hi Dale: What kind of license is it in New Jersey? It sounds like there are two parts to your question (1) can an unlicensed contractor perform work in PA; and (2) can our insurance cover him for accidents. What does your insurance company say?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.