How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a family LLC in state. There are 3 equal

Customer Question

I am in a family LLC in Washington state. There are 3 equal members/owners. The LLC owns a beach cabin. The owners are not agreeing on anything right now & I wish to leave the LLC. The operating agreement states that if a member wishes to leave the LLC they get $500. My share is worth over $200,000. Is this legal? Washington state LLC laws I found on line say each owner is entitled to their fare share of the company.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Rather than just leave, you should seek to have a vote to dissolve the LLC. In the dissolution process the asset(s) of the LLC would be sold and the profits distributes to the members in accordance with their respective ownership interests.

If you are unable to get the Member Votes necessary in accordance with the operating agreement, then you have the option to file a Petition with the court seeking a court order of dissolution. You will need a business law attorney to help you with this dissolution petition.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Related Real Estate Law Questions