Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

My gas and electric bill says I used way more units than

Customer Question

My gas and electric bill says I used way more units than before and iv had this problem last year so I called weights and measures and they came out and found out my electric meter was 20 years old. So here we go again do I withhold the money I'm disputing or pay while disputing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

Hello: Some people in your situation will withhold the money for at least a month or so to see if it can be resolved because there could be an overpayment due to the wrong reading and it would be more difficult to be reimbursed for it. Since you are still living there you, do not want to risk them turning off the gas and electric or them attempted to report it to a credit agency, which usually would not happen for one late payment. For the dispute itself, some people would write a letter, certified mail return receipt requested, setting for the position of why the meter reading is incorrect. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. If you need additional assistance, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a 5 star rating. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If it is not exactly what you wanted to here, I understand. Sometimes the law and what to do is not always black and white. Best regards.