How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an apartment complex that holds monthly activities

Customer Question

I live in an apartment complex that holds monthly activities for residents. This month they are doing a movie. Normally movies are done inside the main building but this time they want it outside. the only place outside to do the movie is right next to my apartment. the movie is to be done at night and its also a scary halloween one. i have a child who is autistic with severe audio sensory issues. they even wear headsets during the day to help eliminate noise. i tried talking to the landlord but was told it doesn't matter what my child deals with, they have a right to do whatever they want on their property. do I as tenant have any rights, or my child with disabilities have any rights? Or am I stuck all night with a child freakin out because my landlord cant respect their tenants special needs residents.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You have a right to quiet enjoyment of your premises. This appears to violate that. You could certainly consider filing an injunction to stop the movie and I think a judge would likely agree that they can make alternate arrangements.