Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

PURCHASING 6.63 ACRES OF LAND IN SC. THE LOAN IS OWNER

Customer Question

PURCHASING 6.63 ACRES OF LAND IN SC. THE LOAN IS OWNER FINANCE. I WANT TO MAKE SURE I AM GETTING ALL THE PROPER DOCUMENTS , SUCH AS CONTRACT, THE TAXES... IS THERE A DEED I SHOULD GET NOW OR ONCE THE LOAN IS PAID?PLEASE ADVISE
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This depends...that is, it depends on your contract. Can you tell me, is this a "contract land purchase" (where you get title AFTER the complete)? Or is this a traditional sale (where you take title immediately and execute a deed of trust for the mortgage)?