How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Deutsche Bank filed foreclosure on my property. I was in

Customer Question

Deutsche Bank filed foreclosure on my property. I was in working on the modification documents with my loan officers (Ocwen) and they served the foreclosure while I was doing the modification. I am also in the process of a divorce and that has not happened yet. However, my husband responded to the Deutsch Bank through his attorney re: the foreclosure case. Now I received a Plaintiff's motion for Clerk's default against me.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have did not file anything because my husband did file and respond to the foreclosure.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: First, I believed that they would not be able to do anything until they finalized the modification issue. Ocwen was still working with me on this or so I believed. Second, when they issued the foreclosure docs, my husband (although separated) we are still tied to the property and what he does I believed would represent us as a whole because we co-own the property still.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Are you going to have an attorney represent you in the foreclosure action?

Related Real Estate Law Questions