Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

My house was foreclosure on in 2011 Jan 24 was the auction

Customer Question

My house was foreclosure on in 2011 Jan 24 was the auction date. I'm am trying to find document so I can get Springleaf to take the balance off my credit report. What crooks
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Nevada address of property*****fallon 89406. Yes the house has been sold for about 3 years now at least
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: On the house or to the credit bureau
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just want to get it off my credit and move on... springleaf is absolutely the most crooked bunch of jerk I have ever dealt with
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you pay off any mortgage balance to the mortgage lender which remained after the house was sold at the foreclosure sale?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I did receive a document that said paid in full... but a mouse ate it...that's the God's honest truth

Thank you for your follow up.

Was your house sold at foreclosure auction for an amount that covered the entire mortgage balance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
From what I understand when it was foreclosed it should have been written off as loss then they got some back with the auction
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it went for 50000 only
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was then sold to the Mexican family related to my son in law for just under 80000
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want to get the balance off my credit report. The foreclosure is what it is

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, foreclosure would remain on the person's credit report for 7 years from the time foreclosure took place, even if the mortgage lender cancelled of forgave any deficiency and any unpaid balance would remain on the report.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.