Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I Live in Columbia sc and wanted to know if I sell, do I pay

Customer Question
closing cost or does the...
I Live in Columbia sc and wanted to know if I sell, do I pay closing cost or does the buyer pay.
do you know approximate attorney price for a closing..thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Typically, each party would be responsible for their own closing costs. As the seller, your are minimal, so you would need to pay for them and they will be deducted from your proceeds. As far as the buyer, their closing costs, depending on the price of the home, could be around$8,000-$10,000. Now, be aware that they may try and get you to pay or contribute a portion of their closing costs but you do not have to and want to make sure you read the contract, since it will outline what closing costs you are responsible for and what they are.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer