RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My doctor led me to believe I was very ill. so I listed my

Customer Question

hI my doctor led me to believe I was very ill. so I listed my house, accepted an offer and then find out the doctor was mistaken...how do I cancel the sale???
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: arizona
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: we have a nov 1 escrow date...I have asked the buyers to reconsider, told them why & and they won't budge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is my home, I have an emotionally disabled grandson who lives with me and this is causing us both extreme anxiety
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. If you are unwilling to sell at this time and not going to close, you need to advise the buyer of the same At that time, it would be up to them to decide on how to proceed against you, for breaching the contract. The contract should have a damages clause for them to exercise but if they do not, they can either sue you and force the sale of the home or for monetary damages. The issue with your doctor and the misdiagnosis is not related to your agreement or conditioned with the buyer, so it is not a defense to use to simply walk away. I know it is not ideal but if you are sued by the buyer, you would then have to go after the doctor to recover.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!