How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my foreclosed property back?

Customer Question

How do I get my foreclosed property back?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this matter, and the foreclosure of your home.

-If your home was foreclosed due to non-payment of your mortgage, there is no statutory redemption rights. What this means is that you do not have a right to regain possession or ownership of your property following the sale. You can try to negotiate a purchase of the property from the party that successfully bid on it at the foreclosure auction, but they have no legal obligation to sell it to you).

-If your home was foreclosed due to non-payment of taxes, there is a 2 year redemption period - but you must act quickly. This is summarized here, but I would recommend retaining a tax attorney to assist you:

Related Real Estate Law Questions