How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I bought a house together a year ago. He

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I bought a house together a year ago. He moved out in July, but we're still splitting mortgage. I want him to quick deed it over. He want's 30k. Half of equity. His buddy appraised it at 2x our loan amt. at time of purchase. My son and I are living in the house. He is also requesting I pay all fees and cost related to selling (if court makes me) and his legal fees. What should I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes. I received his certified mail w/in the last week. It's a complaint filed in Franklin County to partition or sale.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I delay this until my son graduates, at least? He's a sophomore in high school.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.

What grounds is he asking the Judge to force a sale? Also, has it been appraised recently?

Related Real Estate Law Questions