How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i file a class action suit on property i have been

Customer Question

how do i file a class action suit on property i have been paying tax on
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Class action suits are not really a type of lawsuit. A class action suit is a regular lawsuit that is started by one party, a plaintiff. Once the lawsuit is filed by the plaintiff if there are more people in the same situation as the plaintiff, then the attorney handling the suit will recruit them to join in the suit and once you get 21 or more plaintiffs, then the attorney applies to the court to certify it as a class and the suit becomes a class action suit, which only means that it is a regular lawsuit with more than 21 plaintiffs who are all in the same exact situation.
Now, in order for you to file a simple lawsuit against the property you are paying taxes on, you have to file a Complaint (which is a brief listing of all of the facts that give rise to your legal claims) and names the defendant (person you are suing). You then file the complaint and get a summons form from the court and serve the defendant a copy of the complaint with the summons for them to answer the suit.