How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are trying to transfer house from Parent to child and

Customer Question

we are trying to transfer house from Parent to child and have questions on the original deed
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The original deed has my mom and dad but my dad passed away 6 yrs ago
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: California Sacramento county
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: in general what forms i will need and how to word them i have 3 forms that i know i will need to file
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

So was probate filed for your dad or was the deed in both names with right of survivorship.Some more information here please so I may help you, thanks.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

I can do unlimited chat online here, just accept and ask away.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

If you want to keep chatting if you can accept the service you can ask away here be happy to respond.