Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have been living on this property for the past thirty two

Customer Question

I have been living on this property for the past thirty two years paying the land tax on a property that I don't have clear ownership and now part of the people who own this property want me off and yet they have not paid any land axes. I am from Hawaii and want to know how can I claim for this property or at least have my name on the land tax deed - I have paid about 100,000 dollars in land taxes and lived there 32 years what should I do.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Well, so far just
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So, far just threats and police documents - its family land but these people are fighting over the land but Im the one who paid for the land taxes and now they want me off.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you been the only one living on the land exclusively?

.

Have you prevented any others from using some or all of it?

.

Do you have an actual claim through any inheritance to the property?

.

.

thanks