How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2247
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We hired a surveyor to re-stake a property line. The

Customer Question

We hired a surveyor to re-stake a property line. The surveyor came out an restaked it. Our neighbor called the surveyor and had them come back out and set more stakes. The surveyor came back out, added more stakes and billed us. He also sent a copy of our survey to our neighbor.
( The restaking was part of a settlement. We had to evict the neighbor from our property. We don't get along. )
Aside from having fees waved ( for restaking at the neighbors request ). Is there anything else we can do? My wife is livid at the breach of trust.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation and can understand your anger and frustration. Unless you can show that you were somehow harmed by the report being sent by the surveyor the most likely outcome of this is going to be relegated to having fees waived. Being upset and angry while validated is not enough to collect for under a breach of contract, there has to be actual damage.

However, you would be justified in filing a complaint with the Washington State Department of Licensing regarding the actions of the surveyor:

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 12 months ago.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).