How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116755
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I already asked the question, but I will try again. I

Customer Question

I already asked the question, but I will try again. I purchased a hame at a Trustee sale in Salt Lake County Utah. It was a second Mortgage with a first mortgage in front of it. I have been unable to get the account number to pay it iff or at least re instate it to protect my ownership. The first will go to trustees sale next week and I have not been able to get this information to prevent it from going to sale. I need to know my rights.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you buy a home at trustee sale, you take it subject to any mortgages that are ahead of the mortgage you bought out. You can get the information on the first mortgage company from the deed that is recorded in the property records and do not need the account number to contact the first mortgage company with your proof of ownership of the second mortgage on the property and ask them for a payoff on the first mortgage before sale at trustee sale. If they refuse to communicate you need a local attorney to go to court and file a petition to intervene and seek to stop the trustee sale and once you do that the mortgage company will indeed deal with you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions