Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in NC. My neighbor and I have roof leaks (confirmed

Customer Question
I live in NC...
I live in NC . My neighbor and I have roof leaks (confirmed by roofers report - a company the HOA sent out) and other moisture problems that HOA has been notified of by CME mold experts reports. We both have level 3 mold in our homes and have had no help from HOA to date. This has been going on for almost a month. We are forced to live in the mold.
The HOA keeps backtracking on any forward progress and in fact are trying to send an employee's husband whom they state is licensed to retest for mold and refuse to send certification of credentials to us regarding who they are sending. We waited today for someone to come out and they cancelled. Our units are combined and they have been made aware of these problems every time we've encountered.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Is the roof common property maintained by the HOA?

2) What are you asking here, i.e. what is your question? For example: "Can we sue the HOA?" Or, something else?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Tina, Lawyer