Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In Las Vegas Nevada, I originated in 2005 a home loan with

Customer Question
Countrywide it was later transfered...
In Las Vegas Nevada, I originated in 2005 a home loan with Countrywide it was later transfered to Bank of America and finally to Nationstar. Because I did not want to be late I sent 8000 in money orders to Nationstar as I had not set up the direct withdrawal yet. Nationstar said they did not receive and would investigate so now I find they started foreclosure. I got a workout package from them and they transferred the note again to us bank na pass through certificates 2005. I had an attorney here in Las Vegas file an erroneous bankrupcy 13 it was suppose to be 11 cause I had assets. I went to unlawful detainer in our courts and got an extension. Our Nevada law states that even if a package of modification has been submitted in part a servicer or bank cannot foreclose without a letter stating not approved. Well the house went up for sale and was purchased by a LLC named Breckenridge which I did not know cause no one was living at house but we had all personal things there. So I found out that they had filed an unlawful detainer and got me kicked out. Do I have any legal recourse now Its been since December 17 of last year and they now are trying to resale the house. I know I dropped the ball in several areas but all of this happened because of them changing servicers also when Nationstar said they did not get the money I looked on MERS and they were not listed as servicer so I thought fraud. Anyway I had a million dollars in the house in upgrades etc just seeing if I am out of luck now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Hello again. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I experienced some internet problems, and wasn't able to log back in until just now. I truly appreciate your patience.

If you submitted a loss mitigation package (e.g., a request for a loan modification, short sale, etc.) more than 37 days before a scheduled foreclosure sale, then the lender cannot continue with the sale unless it reviews your loss mitigation package, determines that you do not qualify, and informs you in writing. If that did not happen here, then you could file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

You could also sue the lender for wrongful termination, and seek to have the sale vacated. My suggestion would be to retain a local Las Vegas attorney immediately to take action against the lender to have the sale vacated and your ownership interest restored. Often times this sort of action can result in a settlement with the lender to have the mortgage reinstated.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney