Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I moved into a new apartment community and from the first in

Customer Question
which I moved in the...
I moved into a new apartment community and from the first in which I moved in the neighbors on find second floor has children that run from morning to night. I've made every attempt to work with the onsite property management and every request to get this matter resolved has been ignored. I retained and attorney who prepared a letter to the property management company and my request has been ignored. I have no other choice but to sue. Therefore, am looking for an attorney to assist me with this request. Tonya(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Unfortunately our forum is limited to "general information" only, so we can answer questions regarding your legal situation, but we cannot represent you (experts are prohibited from soliciting or accepting clients on the forum).

It does appear that you have already located a local attorney (the attorney that wrote your initial legal demand) and if you are comfortable with them you can continue using their services. Otherwise, I can provide you with some resources to find local attorneys.

However, you can use small claims court to sue your landlord for this matter ("breach of the implied warranty of quiet enjoyment" / "breach of contract" are generally very simple small claims matters, in CA you can sue for up to $10,000.00 quickly and easily without a lawyer - most counties have small claims dockets reaching hearing/trial within 2-4 months of filing - see: http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm for all of the forms and information you will need for this suit).

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer