Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Deed In Common. Three parties. Doe and Doe, and, Bob. dies.

Customer Question
Deed In Common. Three...
Deed In Common. Three parties. John Doe and Jane Doe, ***** ***** and ***** *****, Bob Jones. ***** ***** dies. Does ***** ***** still retain one third ownership of the property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Jim and Mary would each own 1/2 of 1/3 before Jim death. Upon Jim's death, Mary would continue to retain her 1/2 of that 1/3. And, Jim's will would then dictate what would happen to Jim's 1/2 of that 1/3. If Jim did not have a will, then, the Missouri intestate succession laws would dictate who would inherit Jim's 1/2 of that 1/3.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Hi. Your question popped back up on my screen. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if I failed to fully answer your initial question. Thank you!

Richard, Lawyer