How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117373
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get either a deed or owner's title insurance

Customer Question

I need to get either a deed or owner's title insurance policy for the house we are buying to turn over to a lawyer who needs the info to put this house into our Trust. Not sure what I am asking for or where to find a deed or title insurance ... can you help?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The deed is on file at your county/city property records office. So you can get a copy of that deed from that office. As far as your title insurance policy, that is something you have to get from the title company that is doing the closing, they should have the copy of the deed as well.

Related Real Estate Law Questions