Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I am looking at bidding on a property that is being

Customer Question

I am looking at bidding on a property that is being auctioned by Boise County. There are other liens on the property such as state tax liens. If I am the successful bidder and the property is transferred to me with a Quite Title action will the other liens still follow me and stay attached to the property. Also is there a time frame in which the currant owner can come back and take possession of the property if they pay the county back?
Thank You *****
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

Hi Sheri: Is there anyway I can talk you out of doing that?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you mean talk me out of bidding? This property is located next to my property I have my cabin on. The owner vacated the property 3 years ago and gave someone else permission to stay on the property. There is no power, water or sewer etc. They are unlawful people , and I just want a safe place for my family. It will cost me to clean up all the trash and half falling down Mobile home. But that would be worth it to me if. So back to my original question will the liens follow and can the owner come back and make good on there dept to the county etc.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just found out that the unlawful person paid the back taxes today, so the property is no longer up for bid. So since you never answered my first question I would appreciate my $45 back if possible. thank you
Sheri

Hello again Sheri: It sounds like you have a good reason to want to acquire that property. There are different types of forced sale auctions It sounds like the property might be going up for tax sale. Is that correct? If that is correct, tax sales are extremely technical and it is impossible to say whether or not the sale will cut off the other liens that you mentioned and give you clear title. There are many hurdles to clear in a tax sale before the owner loses title and cannot ever recover it from the tax sale buyer. Note: every state and every County within a state seems to have different tax sale rules and procedures. This is why I lightheartedly suggested that you might want to reconsider doing it. However, it might be a very good opportunity for you to acquire that property for very little cost I urge you to hire a local real estate attorney who is familiar with tax sale (or whatever sale) procedure.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.