How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could I file an Ejectment to get my sisters son removed from

Customer Question

Could I file an Ejectment to get my sisters son removed from her house. She had a stroke and in a nursing home paralyzed from the neck down. Instead of paying them her son is spending her money like crazy. Now DSHS is threating to take her home. If I can get him out of the home, I could rent it for the payments. I now have POA. And does having POA prevent me from representing her case in court? Can I file the Ejectment myself or should I pay for a lawyer? The home is located in Seattle WA, very tenant friendly city. Lots of laws in favor of the tenant. He's an at will tenant with now contract to pay rent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law appeals and landlord-tenant law. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only. I’ve also been doing family law for 36 years, which is a long time.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

Regarding the power of attorney, is this a durable power of attorney? If it's not a durable power of attorney, is your sister mentally incapacitated -- does she know and understand what is going on? Is there something in the power of attorney documents that gives you the authority to act when she is mentally incapacitated? These are crucial questions that I need to ask so that I can answer your question.

I'm terribly sorry about your sister and her son is out of control. I know there is something that can be done but it depends what the POA says. Thanks!

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Would you like to arrange a phone call? Would that be easier for you?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

There are a few different options but I'd like to start with the POA first. Can you tell me anything about it and what it says?

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Hello; I see your prior expert opted out; did you still need assistance on the above? Please post here if so and I will do my best to assist you.