Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I need to update my community lease agreement. We are

Customer Question
looking to add specifics for...
I need to update my community lease agreement. We are looking to add specifics for patios and balconies. Our community is located in Central Florida.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

*What have you tried on this front so far?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are looking for a real estate lawyer to assist in updating our lease agreement to include what tenants are allowed to keep out on their patio/balcony areas in our community. I.E - Permitted Patio/Balcony items: 1-2 potted plants, outdoor furniture is only allowed in patio/balcony area. Any furniture that's intended purpose was for inside use will not be permitted for use out in the patio/balcony area. No clothing, trash or other personal items may be left on your patio/balcony area.

We are not permitted represent JA's customers or refer any particular lawyer to them. However, here is a list of real estate transactions attorneys that can assist you in your area.

That said, what you have written sounds good. You could try running this version by a local attorney:

The tenant hereby understands, agrees, and accepts that only potted plants [up to two] and outdoor patio furniture may be used, placed, displayed or otherwise appear on the patio and balcony areas. No clothing, trash, furniture intended for inside use or any other personal items exceeding the size of ____h X ____w X_____d are permitted in these areas. The landlord shall give tenant written notice of any conduct constituting a violation of this clause and tenant shall have _____ days from receipt of that notice to remove any items that do not belong in the patio and balcony areas. A failure by the tenant to do so shall constitute a material breach of this lease agreement.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer