How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Purchase agreement with Pulte i put a down payment of 20K

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: purchase agreement with Pulte i put a down payment of 20K and signed contract on 9/14
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: now i changed my mind Michigan Canton,Mi
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes i signed contract electronically
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they didn't take the money yet from my bank
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

You can place a stop payment with the bank and this will stop them from taking the money out of your account; but you may get sued for breach of contract.

Michigan's Home Solicitation Sales Act (HSSA) gives consumers who are solicited in their homes three business days to decide whether to cancel a contract. You are protected by Michigan's HSSA when:

  • The solicitation for the sale was initiated by the seller, through a personal, written, or telephone contact;
  • The solicitation was received at your home (this includes mail or telephone calls, but not newspaper ads);
  • Your agreement to purchase (contract) was given to the salesperson at your home, AND
  • The goods or services purchased are worth more than $25.

The above law may or may not apply to you.

Read your contract thoroughly. Merchants who fall under this law are required to provide written notice in the contract that you have a right to cancel and explain what you must do in order to provide notice of your decision to cancel. If this information is not provided, then the length of time to cancel may be extended.

It may be better to cancel now in writing than not as you can always negotiate a settlement since not much time has passed.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Real Estate Law Questions