How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 794
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L have money in the court in Florida and I need to know how

Customer Question

L have money in the court in Florida and I need to know how to file to get the money. this was a result of sale a property. I need a lawyer to wite or fill in the required documents that need to filed.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: marion county,Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have a power of attorney from the Son. his father passed away
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Was this from a foreclosure of real estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, it was a sale of property.
and the advice from the clerk of the court was: Mr. Nasser:
I recall our earlier email exchanges from late 2013, early 2014, about this and remember there potentially being an issue with the power of attorney form, though that may have been a different power of attorney form than the one you are now referring to. In any event, you will need to prepare and file a motion with the court explaining why you think the property owner's son is entitled to it and why it should be released to you to give to him. And, in the motion, you will need to ask the court to enter an order, pursuant to section 43.19 of the Florida Statutes, ruling that the money be disbursed to you to give to the property owner's son.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This e-mail was the last info. from te court's clerk. I did ask for advice on how to proceed to get the money.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I see, yes you will need to hire a lawyer to do that. We are not able to draft paperwork on this site. Do you need help finding a lawyer?