Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My brother and I share a cabin in the UP of Michigan. I

Customer Question

My brother and I share a cabin in the UP of Michigan. I would like to give him my 50%. How do I go about doing this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is brother going to pay you for this or are you just gifting it to him?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Gifting

Ok, then you just need to have a quitclaim deed prepared by a local real estate attorney or closing/title company from you as the grantor over to him as the grantee.. Then you sign and have it notarized and record it in the local land records office where the property is located and the transfer is completed.. Cost..probably around $100 or so..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fantastic. Thanks so much!

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time., And if you contact a local closing company or title company, they will be cheaper and faster and can help you get it executed and recorded for a small additional fee..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That sounds like a good idea

Yes, same exact deed...just quicker and cheaper in a one stop shop..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

Have a great day!