How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33926
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our family rented a vacation condo for a week through a an

Customer Question

Hi,Our family rented a vacation condo for a week through a an agency in Florida, Indian Shores. Upon arrival realized a few things been omitted from telling us.. pool is closed for repairs, the condo is dirty, unfinished areas left from projects, smoke detector removed. When contacted the agency offered to send a cleaning crew but refused to provide any discount for a pool unavailable citing the already discounted price. We feel we been lied to and cheated. What can be done in this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

While you can file a complaint with the state Attorney General, realistically this rarely does anything.

That means you have to sue to recover money, although you can challenge it if you used your credit card to pay for it, and you can also take advantage of social media to warn others of the problems.

Unfortunately, you are probably going to have to sue them where they are located. First, you may want to visit with a local lawyer to see what they think your judge will do if you file locally.

I am assuming that you made the booking from where you reside and that you did so online or over the telephone so you do have some argument about the local courts having jurisdiction but generally you have to sue where the property is located.

You will also want to take your paperwork to the lawyer and let them look over it to see if it has any provisions requiring arbitration or anything else that could cause an issue.

There is also a chance that when they get a letter from a lawyer, on the law firm letterhead, that they make an offer you can live with.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer, Would you be able to recommend any local attorneys that would be most suitable for our situation? Thanks
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed by the website to give specific referrals. However, you can find a lawyer by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.