How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118664
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The court appointed a receiver per request of the city in my

Customer Question

The court appointed a receiver per request of the city in my property about 14 month ago. the case # ****************. WHAT it takes to get the property back ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Miami,Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me - what was the receiver appointed for? What was the reason the city was involved in the first place?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The city complained that there are violations that were not fixed .
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for not responding earlier; I was offline. I am sorry, but I am going to need more information, please. What violations? Municipal code? What kind, and perhaps what code specifically? Have you actually fixed the violations, or, do you feel that the violations are without foundation?
Please tell me a little more about the situation. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Municipal code violations.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
Did you ever repair the violations that you were cited for?
Have you spoken to the receiver to make a deal to make the repairs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are not ready to negotiate .
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The issue is that once the process has been started and you failed to make repairs in time when cited, they have a right to seize the property. So legally the only way to get it back is to agree to make repairs in time demanded by the city and now you have to prove you have the funds available to make the repairs or the receiver will not agree to anything at all. So you will need to send them a written offer with proof you can afford to pay. If they refuse to negotiate with you then you would need a local attorney to represent you and negotiate with the receiver or file motion in court to release the property based on your proof you can pay for repairs.