How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Assessor of my County ask me for additional payments for

Customer Question

Assessor of my County ask me for additional payments for erroneous homestead examption
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Cook county in Illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: only one letter from office
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm divorced in 2005 . We have 2 property with my ex, he is in the house , I'm in condo . But I have tenants living with me , because to help , I don't have money to pay for everything myself I pay income taxes for the money I receive from roommate
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 months ago.

Cook County is no fun to deal with. There is a procedure to handle erroneous exemptions

What is the erroneous exemption?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your previous contributor had to leave, I AM A DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

Did you have additional questions for us or did you require more information?

Related Real Estate Law Questions