How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find a contingency lawyer? I live in Manchester,

Customer Question

How can I find a contingency lawyer? I live in Manchester, NH, and I'm disabled. I receive only $750 a month from Social Security. I have a homeowner's policy with State Farm for my condo apartment. I had to open a claim when my building's sewer pipes failed and contaminated sewage backed up into my Unit (and two of my neighbor's Units) 6 times! My Association's management company – Evergreen Management – did not solve the sewage problem quickly, and my State Farm claims adjuster has been paying for my hotel room for almost 3 months so far. The claims adjuster must be new, untrained, and/or ignorant, because he has been slow to react, doesn't return my calls, and has cost State Farm thousands of dollars to keep me in the hotel. Evergreen Management, too, doesn't return my calls, and the flooring company they told me to talk to have not yet put clean flooring back in my Unit. My toilet is disconnected and sitting my bathtub, and I have no bathroom sink. State Farm is going to raise my rates or drop me, but it's my claim's adjuster fault, not me. I need help. Than you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If you think that it is the insurance agent's fault, then you may need to hire an insurance bad faith attorney. Try this link to help you get started. Bad faith lawyer usually take the case on a contingency fee basis of 33% to 45% depending on whether the case settles or goes to trial.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.