How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27196
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid cash for our house but I put it in my wife's name

Customer Question

I paid cash for our house but I put it in my wife's name because of credit issues.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: now I want to put my name back on the title as coowner, how I do it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The quickest and easiest way to do this would be with a quit claim deed. She could transfer her legal right and interest and add you to title and you would have a shared ownership interest with her. You can do this on your own and use an online service to prepare if you desire or retain legal counsel

Related Real Estate Law Questions