How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5630
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my home due to a tax auction is there any way that

Customer Question

I lost my home due to a tax auction is there any way that tax sale can be reversed, I was a displaced autoworker when I lost the property and I still reside there. Can the sale be overturned by my local tax tribunal?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The only way to "overturn" the sale would be to redeem it with the buyer of the tax sale. MCL(###) ###-#### In short you have 6 months to pay the buyer the full price they paid at the auction for the property. Only then can you reclaim title to the property. There is no other mechanism under Michigan law to overturn a sale absent litigating the legitimacy of the foreclosure - e.g., that you in fact should not have been foreclosed on for some reason or the foreclosure procedure was somehow flawed. State or local tax tribunals do not have a say in the matter.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Sorry to bother you, but you haven't yet provided a positive rating for this answer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and I get no credit for the work I put into the matter. Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions