Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Planted some trees 15 years ago that now appear to be just

Customer Question

Planted some trees 15 years ago that now appear to be just over the property line and into my neighbor's property. We have maintained it for those 15 years. Neighbor wants the trees removed on a berm that borders their driveway. What are my responsibilities in Oregon?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. They are doing a survey.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free service, at this point?
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: What are the fees?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Real Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I'll wait for now.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning. Are you requesting a live phone call? If so, I can make the offer, but it is not a free service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let's go with the written reply. Thank you.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. Do you know what the cost of removing the trees will be? Were those people living there 15 years ago? Can anyone prove in court that you planted them? Do you have or do you intend to obtain a survey which may show that the trees are actually on your property? Realistically, both you and your neighbor must weigh all of the options and deal with the situation pragmatically. If you refuse to do anything, and the trees are clearly on the your neighbors property, then they of may remove them themselves at any time at their expense. In order to force you to do so against your will they will have to go to court and prove a case of damages by reason of your trespass on their property. That will be expensive for both of you. In this kind of circumstance, many lawyers will advise both parties to take a step back, and examine the realities. Usually, in that situation, intelligent people will end up splitting the difference, which would mean the cost of the tree removal.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.