Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a home with my husband in Santee, Ca. 92071. Without

Customer Question

I own a home with my husband in Santee, Ca. 92071. Without my knowledge he signed a lease agreement with Solar City to lease a solar system for 25 years. The total cost of this lease, 83,0000 includes the government tax rebate a consumer is entitled to if they purchase a solar system. I have looked into six other solar companies and the average to own a system is 48,000. This does not include the 30 Govt. rebate we would be entitled to. My husband is in the early, early, onset of dementia. When I found out about this lease agreement on April 19, 2016 when the installation began I immediately voiced to the company that I was unaware of this.
It just so happened at the same time my husband was on the phone talking to the salesman. Mr. Husband wanted Solar City to replace the circuit breakers, a cost of approx. 700.00, and split this between Solar City and My Husband.
The salesman, (I only heard and viewed the affect the conversation had on my husband), apparently told him that it wasn't going to happen and if he did not like it he had to go outside and tell the workers, per this salesman, to stop work.
This action in my mind terminated the lease and yet I have been basically mind screwed by this company for the last five months. You see a part, or all of the system is installed but has never been hooked up. We have never received reduced bills due to Solar Citys system.
I am in the process of writing an email to every person in management and on the Board giving them two weeks to remove the system. If not I am going to make them aware I will have the right to remove the system myself, store it on my lower yard letting them know they are free to come and pick it up, after paying me a storage fee.
Do you have any information that may assist me in this endeavor. I am dealing with my husbands medical issues and my own cancer issues discovered in 2015 and just recently informed September 2016 I still have cancer. Please help in any way you can. Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.