Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I allowed a couple to move into my house and they have

Customer Question

I allowed a young couple to move into my house and they have become threatening and abusive. I can't give them 30 days notice, I am very afraid of them.
They threaten me and have put their hands on me.
I have no where to go with my dogs.
I want them out of my house.
The police won't help.
If I move out they will destroy my house.
Classic case of no good deed goes unpunished.
I am very frightened for my safety.
Help!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

We only provide legal information at this website, but it appears that you need personal protection which may be purchased from a private security service. In the meantime file for an immediate eviction and allege that an emergency exists. Courts usually will cut the notice time down on something like that; however, it depends on the city that you are in and the local judge. At the very least though get professional protection, and that might be enough to solve the problem. I hope so. No one should have to do put up with what you have described here.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.