Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We have been using an access road around a community college

Customer Question
to to enter our farm...
We have been using an access road around a community college to to enter our farm and now they are telling us they may not allow us to use it beacuase they don't like the fact that we started hosting farm to table events and they don't like it saying it might affect their traffic flow even though it has been proven otherwise can they shut us out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/10/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Whether or not they can shut you out depends upon the status of the road, i. e. is it public or private? Are there recorded easements in favor of your land to use the road to access your land. Do you have access to your property from any other road? Once you provide the answers to these questions, I will be better able to tell you where you stand.

Tina, Lawyer