KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Who is responsible for the tree limb damage? It is rude but

Customer Question

who is responsible for the tree limb damage ?
It is rude but can he legally throw all branches back into my yard ?
How
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon. The law regarding overhanging trees and branches is settled. A neighbor can cut or trim overhead branches that reach into their property, however they cannot damage the tree or your property while trimming. With regards ***** ***** the branches back on your property, that is also governed by the law of trespass. You would have to show some damage to either you or your property to have a civil case against him for his action of cutting and throwing the branches into your yard.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.

Please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you do not rate the question I will not get paid for assisting you with your question. You will not be charged extra to rate the question and you can ask follow up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.