How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of trespass to try title petition so I can my

Customer Question

I need a copy of trespass to try title petition so I can my file for a lawsuit in Harris County.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Texas, Harris County.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes if this would be the best way to quiet a cloud on the title..
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Under Sec. 22.001 of the TX property code a trespass to try title action is the method of determining title to lands, tenements, or other real property. But, you may want to consider bringing an action under the TX declaratory judgment act since it is easier and provides for the possibility of legal fees. Some artful pleading may be required since Texas law states that a trespass to title action is supposedly the only method of resolving property disputes when questions of title exist.

Here is a sample DJA petition.

This is the closest form I could find online for an action to quiet title. It is from Florida.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Real Estate Law Questions