How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband died without a will i need to get the property deed

Customer Question

husband died without a will i need to get the property deed in my name .can i file a quick clain deed?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: in oxford ga
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need some advice on probate
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you. My condolences on your loss.

To clarify, was the property owned jointly between you and your husband?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the deed to the property was in his name the house is in both names
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i do a years support petition the problem i am facimg is he had 2 children by a previous marriage we have not had contact with then in over 20 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not get an answer and i do not want to be charged for this
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

This is Heather, an attorney. I apologize that the previous attorney was not able to assist you. It looks like he had to log off for some reason. But I would like to help you with your question. Would you still like some help?