How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tax loan. My house is paid for...... I am in

Customer Question

I have a tax loan. My house is paid for...... I am in foreclosure status I am being told that I must pay the legal fees which are $1488.00 before I can make an arrangement on the balance owed....... I only have a portion of the balance. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, they cannot waive the fees and penalties, even the director of revenue or the tax assessor cannot waive them. So all you can do is negotiate a payment plan to get some additional time to pay or try to get someone loan you the $1488 to get that paid off so you can deal with the bigger issue on the balance owed.