Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

A letter from a law firm saying how much i owe in

Customer Question

A letter from a law firm saying how much i owe in maintenance came in the mail box with interest $8915.87. I have not sign any certified letter but i need to prolong process with the courts. I am homesteaded to my home,have a mortgage.The complex is in bankruptcy-jade winds association. If i am going to sell i want to make some money on my home and have time to sell it.How can we prolong the process for taking my home and what rights do i have?scott baumann
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Who is the law firm representing? the complex in bankruptcy?

.

Have they actually filed suit against you or are they just threatening to do so?

.

.

thanks