How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to pay the bank delinquent fees and they are not

Customer Question

Trying to pay the bank delinquent fees and they are not taking them. Over phone representative gave me a process including wiring money to acct in california even though the home is in New York and combining with money i unknowingly deposited in Suspended account.. it totaled 21k including escrow and attorney fees. Once it was done the end up refunding money and offering a loan modification. Do i have to take a modification when i have the currency to pay past due, and what is the most cost effecient way to get banks foreclosure attorneys to stop playing games excluding paying another foreclosure attorney being that i'm already paying for the banks scamming attorneys?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you able to pay the bank the entire delinquent mortgage amount, plus any interest, late fees and attorneys' fees to reinstate the loan?

Did you request a reinstatement figures in writing from the mortgage bank or the bank's attorneys?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have called and got reinstatement figures and wired them everything on Aug 29 As instructed... the over phone rep for wells fargo said they would apply the 8k that was deposited in to my suspended acct to the 14k that was wired to them on the 30th but for some reason the money was refunded
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The request was not received in writing yet but it was giving to me over the phone by foreclosure rep
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you suggest?
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 10 months ago.

It is important that I inform you that I cannot provide you with any type of legal advice or legal service or tell you what to do or not to do in your specific case, as such legal advice / legal service can only be provided by your local attorney, upon a full review of your entire situation. This service is limited to legal professionals, such as myself, providing customers with general answers to customer's legal question. Do you understand above terms, agree with the above terms and would like me to proceed with my general answer ? (please only answer "Yes" or "No").