How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7404
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have owned my property for 50 years,and the property next

Customer Question

I have owned my property for 50 years,and the property next to me for 40 years..I sold the adjoining property and survey shows fence line not where it has always been thought.. part of old original fence stilkl up.. can I get line changed without spending a lot off money..
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oklahoma
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I closed on sold property 9-1-16 but am just really unhappy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I signed deed with telling closer I was unhappy.Didn't know what else to do and thought I could not do anything about either place since I owned them both
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

can I get line changed without spending a lot off money..

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I am assuming that the two parcels of real estate had metes and bounds legal descriptions, rather than being lots in a platted subdivision. The deed that you gave your purchaser contained the legal description which was shown by the survey. I'm sorry, but unless you can show that the survey, and thus the deed itself is erroneous, and does not reflect the actual sale agreement, there is no way to change that conveyance now. Even if you can show a mistake was made, you can't get the deed change without the consent of the new neighbor. Trying to get it done without his consent would require a lawsuit which will be quite expensive.

I know this is not an answer you were hoping to hear, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide our customers with correct answers, even when that answer is not favorable to the customer's side of the argument. I hope that you will give my answer a positive three, four or five star rating, and thanks again for using Just Answer.