WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I was suit by a buyer of my client business and I am an

Customer Question

I was suit by a buyer of my client business and I am an accountant prepared the sale agreement as a draft he didn't want to continue with the sale and found these excuses to recuperate the down payment now he said it was my negligence to hide the business profit
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

First of all, as long as you acted in good faith, you are not responsible. As long as you kept the standards of accounting that you are trained to do, then you cannot be held liable. Nevertheless, I suggest you get a lawyer in New York who is specializing in professional malpractice defense to help you win this matter. You will win, but you need to go through the right steps with a malpractice attorney.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the buyer new every thing we explained all the truth on my end I think he wanted to play and no more games when he went to see a lawyer to accused of defraud
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Then you have no liability. But you should get a malpractice defense lawyer in New York to help you.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.