How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 29822
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was taken by a Lawyer from Ocwen Mortgage Co for late

Customer Question

I was taken by a Lawyer from Ocwen Mortgage Co for late payment. No action was taken but retainer money was given. Need help or assistance please
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The Illinois supreme court has a client protection program for people who feel as if they were defrauded by lawyers that took their money and did not perform any work. You can file a dispute with them to try to get your money back. If you wind up having to pay another lawyer more than this lawyer promised to hear the case for, you can also seek the difference.

As far as the foreclosure itself goes, we unfortunately cannot represent customers in court. The best thing to do is keep calling around or emailing lawyers and hopefully you can find someone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you what should I do now
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

If you're looking for someone to represent you in the foreclosure, try If you're talking about with the first lawyer, click that link and file a Complaint.