How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have lived on property 37 years/cement floor of garage

Customer Question

Have lived on property 37 years/cement floor of garage before we moved in has a marking that states 1966 (notated in cement), which infringes on neighboring property. What recourse/solution do we need to correct the adjustment of property line? Also Bar Wire fence line has been even furtherer than the cement on the neighboring property line.
How or if we can have our property line adjusted more towards the neighboring property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are encroaching on the neighbor since at least 1966, correct?


And you want to know if or how you can get the actual property lines extended out to meet the actual boundaries of where you have used the property, correct?