Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

What is the statue of limitations on money borrowed on a

Customer Question
home equity loan where the...
What is the statue of limitations on money borrowed on a home equity loan where the home was sold in a short sale, or foreclosure ?I thought all was settled when the home was sold. Note: The bank "Charged it off 7 years age and now is pestering with saying that I owe the entire amount.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When was the last time you made a payment on the HELOC?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006/07
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we talk on the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry to have bothered you , I did not know this would be so difficult. Please do not charge my card . And I will sign off now. All I wanted is a quick answer. Have a good day,!

I took a break and am back now. It is certainly not a problem. We can talk on the phone of you want and I will make that offer to you.

Doug

Good morning,

Do you still want help?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you. Make sure this charge didn't go thru...thanks again. Please confirm

If you need assistance navigating the system or if you have billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

I'll opt out.

Doug

Tina, Lawyer