Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I own a duplex rental property. Prior to my purchase, the

Customer Question
I own a duplex rental...
I own a duplex rental property. Prior to my purchase, the garage had been remodeled into a recreation room with a bathroom without a shower and approved by the city as such. When I purchased it, the rec room had been transformed into a studio unit with the addition of a shower stall and plumbing for a sink and stove without a permit to do so. It was rented out as a studio and had a tenant in it when I purchased it.I would like to make it a legal rental. How do I begin that process and what problems can I expect?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you contacted the local Planning and Zoning office to see if that type of use is permitted in the area?

.

Do you know what the current zoning is?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer