Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I am on a condo board in Ill. when we were in executive

Customer Question

I am on a condo board in Ill. when we were in executive session the president resigned her office remained on the board,but did not go back into open forum to announce the change to the community.
The next meeting In Executive session the person that took over as President resign from the Board all together. This was not announced to the community. The nominating committee is thinking of candidates to fill the position with out letting the community know there is an open position. Is all of this legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I will review it. And then we can discuss it. Sound good?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Lynda: What you are describing sound a bit strange. So the board does not want to let the unit holders know there are vacancies on the board? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My main concern is that these changes and resignations are done in executive session and the board does not go back into open forum to let the community know about the change

Usually bylaws or declarations set out the procedure. Do you know the proper procedure as set for the the documentation? Is it being followed?

The "Condominium Property Act" spells it out. Basically there has to be full disclosure and opportunity